A downloadable app for Android
(...or get it for free on GitLab)
The unofficial mobile app for itch.io
Indie gaming is coming to mobile! With this app, you can easily install Android games from itch.io and keep them updated. This provides an alternative to the Google Play store for indie game developers and enthusiasts.
- Access high-quality indie games that are not ad-ridden cash grabs!
- Support for APK downloads as well as HTML5 games
- itch.io account is not required
- App is free and open-source
- Works on phones without Google Services
- Can block trackers and analytics
- Beautiful Material UI adapts to custom color schemes set by game developers
- Full functionality of itch.io's mobile website
The app is still in development, some features are planned but not yet implemented.
"Why did you make this?"
Mitch is actually a rather ambitious project. I want itch.io to be able to compete with Google Play, the same way it competes with Steam on the desktop.
"This sounds cool, but I don't want to pay for this?"
No worries, there are other ways to get this app.
- Download the latest .APK from GitLab.
I don't want people to miss out on Mitch just because they can't pay. However, if you can provide financial support, I highly appreciate it. I am a 19-year old student who lives in Ukraine, so even the minimal 2$ donation goes a long way for me.
Note that this app will probably never be available on Google Play, because their developer agreement does not allow "competitiors" on their store (as of January 3, 2020, see paragraph 4.5)
Requires Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer.
In order to download this app you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files: