A downloadable app for Android
Available for free on F-Droid
The unofficial mobile app for itch.io
Indie gaming is coming to mobile! With Mitch, you can easily install Android games from itch.io and keep them updated. This provides an alternative to the Google Play store for indie game developers and enthusiasts.
- Access high-quality indie games that are not ad-ridden cash grabs!
- Support for APK downloads as well as HTML5 games
- Beautiful Material UI adapts to custom color schemes set by game developers
- App is free and open-source (hosted on SourceHut)
- Works on phones without Google Services
- Can block trackers and analytics
- Full functionality of itch.io's mobile website
Code contributions are always appreciated! If you have experience with Android app development, specifically using Kotlin, then take a look at the SourceHut repository and see if you might want to help out.
You can also help with translating this app thanks to Weblate.
"Why did you make this?"
Mitch is actually a rather ambitious project. I want itch.io to be able to compete with Google Play, the same way it competes with Steam on the desktop.
Note that Mitch will probably never be available on Google Play, because their developer agreement does not allow "competitiors" on their store (as of January 3, 2020, see paragraph 4.5)
|Tags||Instrument, Open Source, sourcecode, Touch-Friendly, user-interface|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Languages||Arabic, German, English, French, Indonesian, Norwegian Bokmål, Dutch, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- v1.4.6 releaseSep 13, 2021
- v1.4.5 release - now also on F-DroidSep 01, 2021
- v1.4.4 release (also the app is free now)Aug 19, 2021
- v1.4.3 releaseJul 30, 2021
- v1.4.2 release - ...and I messed up againJul 28, 2021
- v1.4.1 releaseJul 27, 2021
- v1.4.0 release - getting better and betterJul 26, 2021
- v1.3.9 releaseMay 10, 2021